NO RACES AGAIN THIS YEAR
1. Flows will be unpredictable and likely low. The rain in early April probably delays the limited release schedule planned for early May.
2. Cache Creek Campground, our race site, remains closed with no projected opening date. This makes it impossible to stage the race.
Sunday, January 18, 2015
Tentative Race Weekend May 1-3, 2015
As we enter a fourth year of drought, Clear Lake, the source of flows for our races is still well below the elevation needed to assure releases for irrigation, for this the lake level must reach at least 3.22 ft at the Rumsey Gauge. Yolo County Irrigation District will announce updates, or you can check the gauge level on the USGS website. Rains in December helped tremendously but not enough to make our race a certainty. Bottom line: Pray for rain, do a raindance etc...
The other complicating factor for this year's race is the current closure of the Cache Creek Campground where we stage the race and provide camping. We hope to know whether the campground will be open in time for the races by the middle of February.